Currently I am a second year PhD student in the Department of Biostatistics at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. I am here thanks to a CONACyT scholarship awarded in 2011. Besides taking classes I am also working as a research and teaching assistant.
As a quick background, I graduated from the Undergraduate Program on Genomic Sciences (the About page is in English) from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in 2009 and worked for two years at Winter Genomics analyzing high-throughput sequencing data. I am a fan of using R and Bioconductor for data analysis, which I use with LaTeX or R Markdown through knitr for creating reproducible (hopefully!) reports.
- Genomics for students main page.
- Genomics working group at JHSPH.
- Previous home site when I was at LCG.
- April 14 2013. Added the Genomics for students page.
- April 03 2013. Updated all main pages in the website: index, research, CV, publications, teaching.
- Aug 20 2012. I have completed my website! It includes the material for many of the courses I taught previously and that I had been lazy to share. I also added my cv, posters, talks, etc.
- Aug 14 2012. I am starting a research project with Rafael Irizarry and Jeffrey Leek. Got plenty to do!
- Website is up and running! It will replace my basic JHSPH information page.